From early pregnancy towards the anomaly scan, ultrasounds check that your child is developing since it must be. We consider the routine scans you can expect in the NHS and exactly exactly what extra options can be found independently.
Place us into the test
Our Test Labs compare features and rates on a variety of items. Take to Which? To unlock our reviews. You are going to immediately have the ability to compare our test ratings, you don’t get stuck with a Don’t Buy so you can make sure.
What exactly is a scan that is ultrasound?
When you are for the pregnancy scan, the sonographer (a professional been trained in ultrasound scans) sets ultrasound gel on your tummy after which moves a handheld probe across the skin. Although the gel may be considered a bit cool, the scans are totally painless.
The probe delivers down ultrasound waves – sound waves by having a frequency greater than the ear that is human in a position to hear – to produce pictures of the infant, that your sonographer studies on a display screen.
Ultrasound scans in maternity have actually a few purposes:
- They look at your baby’s size and, during the very early maternity dating scan, help calculate your deadline.
- They monitor whether your infant keeps growing generally.
- They check whether you’re having one child, twins or higher.
- They could identify some abnormalities.
- They are able to show when you have way too much or not enough fluid that is amniotic.
- They reveal the career for the placenta along with your child, which could impact if you might need a caesarean section whether you can plan to give birth vaginally or. Continue reading